Friends of Lime Tree
As soon as your child joins Lime Tree School, you are a Friend of Lime Tree. We are an inclusive group of parents / carers, who want to raise funds and run events for the benefit of all children at Lime Tree School.
If you’d like to get involved, please speak to one of the Committee Members, listed below, your Class Rep, email firstname.lastname@example.org or look out for letters via the school with ways to get involved.
A massive THANK YOU from all of us for your support so far. We couldn’t raise the funds we do without each and every one of you supporting the children and the school.
Friday 18th October 2019 - cake sale
Thursday 24th October 2019 - scary hair day
Friday 29th November 2019 - mufti day (in exchange for toys/games/gifts for the Christmas Fair)
Friday 6th December 2019 - mufti day ( in exchange for bottles/ chocolates for the Christmas Fair)
Saturday 7th December 2019 - Christmas Fair
Friday 14th February 2020 - cake sale
Thursday 2nd April 2020 - cake sale
Thursday 23rd April 2020 - school disco
Friday 22nd May 2020 - cake sale
Saturday 4th July 2020 - Summer Fair
Current Volunteering Opportunities:
- Help out on a cake sale stall, typically less than 30 minutes before we sell out!
- Become a Class Rep; forward messages from Friends of Lime Tree about opportunities, and help spread the word about volunteering opportunities.
- Sign up for a 1 hour slot at the School Disco
- Bring your ideas to the Summer Fair meeting, or volunteer with your friends to run a stall on the day. Volunteering slots available from 9.30am until 4.00pm, from just 30 mins.
- Attend one of the events! From buying a cake, to playing games at a Fair, we need YOU to make these events a success!
https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/invite/ENCX4E/ Download ‘Easy Fundraising’ on your phone, laptop, computer or tablet, and you can raise funds for the school. When you go onto a supporting website, you’ll see a reminder to activate the Easy Fundraising Donation.
Visit https://www.labels4kids.com/ to order labels for uniform, and select Lime Tree Primary School at check out and they will donate 10% of the order cost to us.
Visit www.micro-scooters.co.uk for all your scooting needs, quote School Ref 137575 and they will donate 10% of the cost of your order to us.
PTA Fundraising 2018 – Update
In 2018, thanks to YOU, we raised a total of £8504.
The totals for each event were as follows:
o Summer Fair - £2643
o Christmas Fair - £2265
o Chancellors Estate Agents Sponsorship - £874
o Cake Sales - £850
o School Disco - £837
o Employer Matched Funding - £300
o Christmas Cards & Mugs - £283
o Quiz - £229
o Halloween Crazy Hair Day - £222
We then used some of these funds to;
o Fund the playground updates, and a new storage shed for playtime activities to be stored
o Christmas Pantomime performance for years 1-6
o Christmas Story Stalks Performance for Nursery & Reception
o Fruit & water at the Sports Days
In 2019 we will be working with Mrs Hawker to see where best to spend some of the £10,000 rolled over funds. We will also become a registered charity, promoting donations using Gift Aid, and seeking further matched donations from employers – please do see if your employer has a charitable giving policy!
• Sophie (Hamilton Class) & Michelle (Weir Class) are the Friends of Lime Tree Co-Chairs. Elected in January 2019, they are always happy to hear your ideas for how to raise funds for the school, and ways that we can support our children with those funds.
• Hedi (Mandela Class) is the Treasurer. She is responsible for ensuring every penny is accounted for, and letting us all know how much was raised at each event; always an exciting announcement!
• Sandrine (Khan Class) is our SEND lead. As well as supporting all children to be able to access events, such as the inaugural Christmas Fair for SEND students in 2018, Sandrine also runs a SEND Support Group for parents/guardians at Lime Tree
• Nathan (Oliver Class) is keen to help promote good communication between the school, parents, and the PTA, feeding issues and updates between all three to ensure positive outcomes for our children.
• Tarryn (Weir Class), Valerie (Weir Class), Naz (Karmel Class) and Lorna (Khan Class) are also committee members. We all work together to ensure the events are a success, finding volunteers, and encouraging others to join in the fun.
• Nursery: POSITION VACANT (Apple Class) & Jade (Cherry Class)
• Reception: Michelle & Tarryn (Oliver Class) & Evelyn (Karmel Class)
• Year One: Dena & Rebecca (Khan Class) & Nathan (Weir Class)
• Year Two: Michelle & Tarryn (Jordan Class) & POSITION VACANT (Hamilton Class)
• Year Three: Sophie & Jade (Shumway Class) & Lucia & Dena (Curie Class)
• Year Four: POSITION VACANT (Lister) & Melissa & Karen (Hawking Class)
• Year Five: POSITION VACANT (Gates Class) & POSITION VACANT (Mandela Class)
• Year Six: Jade & Evelyn (Roddick Class) & Hedi & Marjorie (Attenborough Class)
Please click on the below links to find out more information: